As I've said before, the nearest Target, Barnes & Noble, Mall, etc... is 2 hours away... in another state. So when we make the trip, it's an all day adventure. I realize this is not the norm for most of you. Heck- when I used to live in California I had 3 Targets within a 15 minute distance from my house... so this is quite the crazy experience for me as well. Luckily, the drive is gorgeous, serene, with no traffic in site.
About an hour into our drive back I snapped some photos.
The Snake River
Swan Valley, ID... I'll take one of these gorgeous homes
Victor, ID... the last town we hit before going up the mountain and back to Jackson
I told you he makes me laugh every day
And when you get to the top of the mountain, you get to look down on beautiful Jackson... and thank God you're finally home. Time to unload the car...
1) Later on today I'm hitting up some thrift stores with my husband. I love thrift stores- they're so full of treasures and there's rarely a visit where I don't find me something awesome. Today Danny & I will be looking for some fun 80's garb to wear to his 80's themed work party this weekend- watch out!
2) My job. Wedding season is upon us and I LOVE what I do. The fact that I get to work from home, playing with pretty, luxe fabrics, for super awesome ladies is just beyond cool.
3) Living in Jackson. Wolves have been causing trouble in the southern part of town. We're being cautioned to carry our bear spray since the griz and black bears are already out due to an early spring. Maybe that sounds scary to some- but to me- I don't know. I just can't believe I call this incredibly wild place home... and I love it
4) My hubs. He seriously makes me laugh every. single. day. I'm not gonna lie, there are day where he makes me want to pull my hair out too... but even on those days I know there will be a point that he'll do something crazy & make me laugh- and not a day goes by where I don't feel beyond blessed to be his wife
5) My little bro. He's been having severe chest pains while also getting light headed. And after a couple trips to the emergency room- they're still trying to figure out what's wrong. Please keep him in your thoughts & prayers.
I got an email from the lovely folks at Weddingbells Magazine letting me know that one of the brides I made the Small Pacific hair fascinator for was featured in their magazine! Weddingbells is in Canada so my US readers may have a difficult time finding it, but here are a few pages from the spread.
Oh glorious warm weather! This weekend we're supposed to have highs in the 50's! It's currently 34, I have the windows open, it's wonderful. This influx of warm weather has me on a Spring Cleaning frenzy... something I've never experienced before. But I'm going to make sure and enjoy the weather as well... I think an outing to the Tetons is in order. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! See you back here next week!
1) Alright, I'm nerding out here. This Wednesday- two of my "thankful fors" are books. Don't hate. The first one- The new Pioneer Woman Cookbook arrived at my PO Box yesterday. Yay! Can't wait to try out some of the recipes! And for those of you who don't have the book, I'll be posting some of the recipes I try on here
2) Let's just get the 2nd book out of the way here. I've been reading Rules of Civility by Amor Towles and it is AWESOME. Think Great Gatsby. I love it and have had the hardest time putting it down... to do work and laundry and such...
3) Spring. The warm weather has been warming my soul- I am loving it!
4) My taxes are almost finished! I was a bad girl and kind of waited till the last minute to get everything organized- which threw me into a tailspin-and then because I'm a perfectionist- I tackled it hard core... to the point that when I finally met with my accountant- he said I was super organized... little does he know ;)
A while back I posted some teasers from Anna & Eric's destination wedding in Mexico. They were gorgeous and I couldn't wait to see more. Well brace yourselves folks- because today we have the whole shebang- and every. single. photo is breathtaking. Enjoy...
Their photographer Derk's Works did an amazing job. And be sure and check out his blog if you get a chance. He just posted a winter wedding they did in Yellowstone- bison in the snow will get me every time
Hey there! I'm Brandi- a southern California girl who moved to Wyoming in search of adventure and pine trees. I love black coffee, old books, folk rock, and my absolutely wonderful husband. I run 2 lovely shops by day, hike on the weekends, and feel so blessed to be living this life.