It's here again- the Weekend. Nothing out of the ordinary planned for the next couple of days- garage sales, work, relaxing, reading... it should be 100% fantastic. Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend everyone!
Living in the mountains, Danny & I are blessed with the opportunity to go camping almost as often as we'd like. Because we both work, they often can't be long, but an overnight camping trip is sometimes just the thing you need to get rid of the stress of the day and relax in nature.
For those of you who don't get to go camping very often but are interested in doing so, I've compiled a list of the supplies we've found most useful in bringing. I hope it helps and let me know if you have any questions!
1) Tent (If you don't have one already- cheap ones can generally be found at Target or some sporting goods store. Or I'm sure if you asked around- you'd find a friend or family member who's had one lying in their garage for some time now- just make sure it has all the poles and stakes)
2) Sleeping Bags (We also have cheap pillows from K- Mart that we bring for extra comfort).
3) Therm-a-Rest (these are pads that can be easily inflated/ deflated for sleeping on. Very compact and light- great for future backpacking as well). We use these ones.
6) Firewood (Matches and Kindling) Kindling are normally small pieces of wood/ twigs that catch fire first. If you are arriving at dark and or are going to an area where they may not be a lot of wood lying around- we always bring a newspaper and/ or old phonebook as a replacement). If you are not great at starting fires- you may want to bring lighter fluid as well. I like to build fires like I'm an ancient Native American and am totally against it. But Danny likes it as it starts a fire quick and you don't really have to focus as much on the kindling... so it's up to you :)
7) Cooking Supplies Ours generally consist of: Cooler, Cast Iron Skillet, Stove with propane,Wire hangers (for s'mores or hot dogs), Cups, Plates, Paper Towels, Utensils, Soap
8) Food, Ice, & Water I also generally do all the prep work for meals before we go and have everything ready in baggies/ containters (chopped onions/ peppers, etc...)
Good God. I have been transfixed and completely engrossed in Jane Eyre. I started the novel Monday afternoon and finished yesterday evening. Now this was difficult, because my husband wanted to watch Margin Call Monday night and I although all I wanted to do was find out what was happening next with Jane- I also wanted to be a good wife- and so I put the book down for the rest of the night. And then yesterday, I of course had to work. I must admit however, once my orders were finished and shipped out (around 2pm- thanks goodness it was a short day), I completely took the rest of the day off (sorry to everyone's emails I'm still returning).
I tried to read Jane Eyre in high- school, but apparently gave up after about 1/3 of the way in- I know this because I found a flyer for my end of the year senior class activities there. But this time I could not put it down- and it is officially one of my favorite books. Although it's ultimately a love story, the dark, Gothic elements that appear throughout the novel completely captivated me and kept my interest. I also really want to see the movie now with Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska.
So back to reality, and work, and returning emails in a timely manner... and starting a new classic tonight.
I can't believe it's Friday already. The weekends have been arriving so rapidly fast. Or maybe that's just what happens when each and every day is filled to the brim... but a good, hard- working, exhausted at the end but happy kind of filled. It's been an amazing week with the opening of SP Home and the wonderful outpouring of love I've received in kind words from so many people. Plus, bridal orders are still going strong and keeping me busy- which is also great.
So this weekend- although I'm going to sneak in some work here and there, I really just think I'm going to relax too. A good book, a lot of coffee, and a lot more of doing absolutely nothing sounds AMAZING... and I think I'm going to do it... maybe... we'll see.
I hope each and every one of you has the weekend of your dreams. And don't forget you have until Sunday night to enter the SP Home Giveaway!
Yay! I'm so excited and can't believe it's finally here- the official "Grand Opening" of Silver Pencils Home- my shop for everyday lovelies. There's still a lot more than needs to enter the shop and they'll be trickling in throughout the rest of the month.
But there's currently a lot of jewelry with an equal mix of infinity scarves and headbands. There will soon be a lot of pretty paper products and decor as well.
To celebrate the Grand Opening of Silver Pencils Home, I'm hosting a Giveaway for one of my stretchy lace headbandsand one of my new bracelets- you pick which style.
1) Leave a comment
2) Like the Silver Pencils Facebookpage & leave a separate comment saying so (additional entry)
3) Tweet: "I entered the Silver Pencils Home Grand Opening Giveaway http://ow.ly/d9C8l " & leave a separate comment linking to your tweet (additional entry)
4) Become a Silver Pencils Blog follower & leave a comment saying so (additional entry)
Giveaway ends Sunday Aug. 26th- Winner will be announced Monday, Aug. 27th
Making the 2 hour trek to Idaho today to stock up on supplies. I don't mind it though- the drive is always a great time to blast some music and get in some thinking... while also keeping my eyes gigantically open hoping no deer and/ or moose walk out onto the road.
And hopefully by this coming Wednesday, Silver Pencils Home will also be having it's Grand Opening! So exciting!
Have a wonderful Monday all!
Although the official Grand Opening of Silver Pencils Home isn't until next week, I thought I'd throw a special sale for all the awesome SP Readers out there! Use the coupon code FriendsandFam at checkout, now through Sunday, for a 15% discount on any merchandise throughout the shop.
(This sale does not apply towards Silver Pencils Bridal)
Hey there! I'm Brandi- a southern California girl who moved to Wyoming in search of adventure and pine trees. I love black coffee, old books, folk rock, and my absolutely wonderful husband. I run 2 lovely shops by day, hike on the weekends, and feel so blessed to be living this life.